Monday 8 June 2009

This is no time for a novice - YES IT IS!

Whilst perusing the shelves of WHSmith this morning, I was persuaded to buy this month's FourFourTwo magazine. The words 'free cricket magazine!' always do it for me. However, unless you're a football fan, I wouldn't bother. Rehashed, out-of-date and a shameless plug for Sky Sports sums up 646! quite nicely.

However, if you can get past all of that, the one overriding impression is how many 'experts' think both Harmison and Vaughan should be in England's side for the first Ashes test. I don't want to go over old ground here, but I can't stop myself. This is just too important to ignore. How can anyone in their right mind possibly think that Harmison and Vaughan should get back into the England Test team?

Ponting: 'I wouldn't be surprised if Harmison comes back for the Ashes, just like I think Michael Vaughan will play too, probably in the number three spot.' Andrew Strauss: 'People have made out that Harmy's a long way from selection... I wouldn't say that in any way, shape or form.' David Lloyd's England XI for the first test includes both Vaughan AND Harmison.

I wouldn't dare argue with these esteemed players. Actually, I would. What on earth are they thinking? What do they know that we don't? Why is it always left to Bob Willis to tell us the facts? He may have have the most boring voice of all time, but Willis is so right when he says that there should be no way back for Harmison or Vaughan.

Surely, it's about time we moved on from 2005?

No comments:

Post a Comment